Growing sales and interest has led to an opening for the right candidate to join ZipZag as a graduate engineer to fit in with the UK engineering team.
ZipZag is a highly innovative engineering company that designs, supplies and installs their bespoke Zip Roller Coaster in outdoor and indoor centres throughout the world. We have been operating for 5 years and have designed/installed over 80 rides in 10 different countries.
What you’ll need (qualifications and skills)
- A STEM degree of minimum 2:1 classification or equivalent qualification
- A passion for engineering that includes practical as well as technical ability
- Experience of Inventor, Sketch Up and AutoCad softwares would be desirable but not essential
- Eagerness to learn about this exciting niche area of engineering
- To be physically capable of attaining a roped access qualification
- A full passport and a willingness to travel overseas for up to 30% of the year.
- A full driving license
- You will need to be a highly self motivated individual and work well as part of a team
- We are ready to take on the right calibre of candidate either straight from University or with some industry experience
What you’ll get
£25,000 to £30,000 per year starting salary depending on previous experience
Our main office is in Chester but the role will involve a mixture of both office and site based work. Up to 30% of your time could be on site anywhere in the world. Site visits are typically between 1 and 3 weeks duration.
What you’ll do
Working across the full product lifecycle, our engineers develop schemes for clients using a variety of 2D and 3D drawing packages. All our rides are bespoke, so each design requires a dedicated structural analysis. The ride system is constantly evolving so our engineers need to be practically minded and able to react to changes in the planning process. All our engineers are involved in each step of the R&D process from brainstorming and concept generation to product delivery.
There is an element of site supervision which can also involve hands on, physical work. During your site work, you will work alongside our installation team and will be under the supervision of one of our senior engineers who will ensure the quality of ride installations. In time, and with our training, you should be confident to supervise an installation yourself.
You will report into our Senior Project Engineer.
What You’ll Experience
A chance to work in one of the most exciting engineering sectors and be involved with a rapidly growing company. You will be surrounded by like-minded individuals with a passion for what they do.
You will be encouraged to achieve your Chartered Engineer qualification and we will support you in this endeavour.
- 5 hours a week with 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible work arrangements
- An independent 24hr counselling service
Please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 14th January 2021