ZipZag Rides is a young and highly innovative engineering company that designs, supplies and installs their bespoke market leading Zip Roller Coaster in outdoor and indoor attractions throughout the world. We have been operating for 5 years and have designed/installed over 80 rides in 14 different countries across Europe, North America, the Middle East and Asia.
Zip Roller Coasters are a relatively new concept. ZipZag has been and remains at the forefront of this developing technology. Our product is widely acknowledged as market-leading and sales have grown rapidly over the past three years. With growing interest in and awareness of the concept, the market opportunity that lies ahead of us is significant. This has led to an opening for a Graduate Design Engineer to join our design team as we continue to develop our business and explore exciting new innovations.
What you’ll need (qualifications and skills)
- A Engineering degree of minimum 2:1 classification or equivalent qualification
- Specialisation or experience of Structures though not essential would be advantageous
- A desire to gain Chartered status, which we will support you with
- A passion for engineering and a keen, ideally demonstrable, interest in the amusement ride industry
- Experience of 3D modelling software such as SketchUp, Autocad, Inventor or Solidwork
- Eagerness to learn about this exciting area of engineering
- A full passport and a willingness to travel overseas to work on ride installations if required
- A full driving license
- You will need to be a highly self-motivated individual and work well as part of a team.
What you’ll get
£24,000 to £30,000 per year starting salary depending on previous experience
Where you’ll work
Your place of work will be our office in Wervin on the outskirts of Chester.
What you’ll do
Your principal role will be to support our Operations Team in structural detailing, and producing fabrication drawings for various elements of our ride.
In a fast-moving market, Research and Development is critical to the ongoing development of our business and our product, and as such you will have the opportunity to be involved in R&D projects.
Producing scheme designs in 2D and 3D, you will then liaise with multiple internal and external stakeholders to:
- communicate the system design
- maintain system design documentation
- answer technical queries
- ensure design feasibility and compatibility of the ride with the design of client sites.
- Assist in the ordering of steel and in processes to support QA of track and platform fabrication.
You will report directly to our Lead Design Engineer.
What You’ll Experience
You’ll have fun working in an exciting industry. You will get the chance to work in one of the most dynamic engineering sectors and be involved with a rapidly growing company. You will be surrounded by like-minded and talented individuals with a passion for what they do.
- Basic 37.5 hours a week with 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Paid overtime
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible work arrangements
- All travel, accommodation and subsistence costs paid when on an installation
If this role is of interest, we’d love to hear from you.
Please apply with your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 4th February 2022