ZipZag Rides is a young and highly innovative engineering company that designs, supplies and installs their bespoke market leading Zip Roller Coaster in outdoor and indoor attractions throughout the world. We have been operating for 5 years and have designed/installed over 80 rides in 14 different countries across Europe, North America, the Middle East and Asia.
Zip Roller Coasters are a relatively new concept. ZipZag has been and remains at the forefront of this developing technology. Sales have grown rapidly over the past three years and with growing interest in and awareness of the concept, the market opportunity that lies ahead of us is significant. This has led to an opening for a Graduate Engineer to join our expanding UK engineering team.
What you’ll need (qualifications and skills)
- A STEM degree of minimum 2:1 classification or equivalent qualification
- A passion for engineering that includes practical as well as technical ability
- Experience of 3D modelling software is essential – e.g Inventor, Solidworks, Sketchup.
- Eagerness to learn about this exciting niche area of engineering
- To be physically capable of attaining a roped access qualification
- A full passport and a willingness to travel overseas for up to 30% of the year.
- A full driving license
- You will need to be a highly self motivated individual and work well as part of a team
- We are ready to take on the right calibre of candidate either straight from University or with some industry experience
What you’ll get
£25,000 to £30,000 per year starting salary depending on previous experience
Where you’ll work
Our main office is in Chester but the role will involve a mixture of both office and site based work. Up to 30% of your time could be on site anywhere in the world. Site visits are typically between 1 and 3 weeks duration, during which time you will be integral to the successful installation of the ride.
What you’ll do
Working across the full product lifecycle, our engineers develop schemes for clients using a variety of 2D and 3D drawing packages. All our rides are bespoke, so each design requires a dedicated structural analysis. The ride system is constantly evolving so our engineers need to be practically minded and able to react to changes in the planning process. Innovation is key to maintaining our market position and all our engineers are involved in each step of the R&D process from brainstorming and concept generation to product delivery.
There is an element of site supervision which can also involve hands on, physical work. During your site work, you will work alongside our installation team and will be under the supervision of one of our senior engineers who will ensure the quality of ride installations. We expect that through the benefit of the experience you gain and the training we provide, you will progress to the point within two years where you will be capable of supervising an installation yourself.
You will report directly to our Senior Project Engineer.
What You’ll Experience
You’ll have fun working in an exciting business within an exciting industry. You will get the chance to work in one of the most exciting engineering sectors and be involved with a rapidly growing company. You will be surrounded by like-minded and talented individuals with a passion for what they do.
You will be encouraged to achieve your Chartered Engineer qualification and we will support you in this endeavour.
You will get the chance to travel extensively.
- Basic 37.5 hours a week with 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Paid overtime
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible work arrangements
- All travel, accommodation and subsistence costs paid when on an installation
If this role is of interest, we’d love to hear from you.
Please apply with your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 3rd December 2021