ZipZag is a highly innovative engineering company that designs, supplies and installs their bespoke Zip Roller Coaster in outdoor and outdoor centres throughout the world. We have been operating for 7 years and have designed/installed over 90 rides in 10 different countries across Europe, North America, the Middle East and Asia.
Zip Roller Coasters are a relatively new concept. ZipZag has been and remains at the forefront of this developing technology. Our product is widely acknowledged as market leading and sales have grown rapidly over the past three years. With growing interest in and awareness of the concept, the market opportunity that lies ahead of us is significant. Growing sales and interest has led to an opening for the right candidate as Head of Projects to manage our UK project delivery team.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for planning/ leading and developing projects whilst managing our Projects team of engineers. You will be required to drive service excellence, define operational performance standards, streamline business processes to enhance performance and provide efficiencies whilst developing a high performance culture.
What you’ll need (qualifications and skills)
- Either A STEM degree of minimum 2:1 classification with a minimum of 5 years experience in relevant project management of a technical product
- Or 10 years experience of managing site based teams installing a technical product
- A passion for engineering and a keen, ideally demonstrable, interest in the amusement ride industry
- Have experience of project management methods and tools to achieve projects to specified outcomes
- Have detailed knowledge and experience of complex situations/ project management and can critically evaluate and adapt as required
- Experience of the building structures industry would be advantageous but not essential
- A full passport
- A full driving license
- You will need to be a highly self motivated individual and work well as part of a team
Where you’ll work
Our main office is in Wervin, just outside Chester.
Occasional opportunities to travel will be available but not essential for this role. However during the first year it will be necessary to gain experience by being involved in an installation which will typically last 2-3 weeks and may be abroad.
What you’ll do
- Oversee the delivery of all projects through milestone reviews with project managers
- Design and uphold reporting processes in the project team
- Allocation of project team and external installation resources to suit the project as well as wider organisational goals
- Analyse and report on project team and external installation resource capacity and requirements
- Ensure the Project Managers provide advice and communication to decision makers and stakeholders to achieve intended outcomes i.e. projects delivered on schedule.
- Act as direct line manager to all members of the project team, leading appraisals and attending interviews for new candidates
- Act as co-line manager to members of the design and logistics team, attending appraisals and attending interviews for new candidates
- Leading training for project managers
- Liaising with suppliers of bespoke manufactured items on capacity, scheduling and quality process related matters
- Communicate with and coordinate necessary support for site teams on live installations
- Provide cover for Project Mangers whilst they are away on installations
- Ensure all QA takes place/manage implementation of QA processes
- Take an active role in shaping and delivering business improvement initiatives
- Budgeting and cost control- development and control of budgets
- Risk and issue management: ability to identify and monitor risks to the project plans and implement responses to those risks
All our rides are bespoke, so each design requires a dedicated structural analysis and project management. The ride system is constantly evolving so the Head of Projects needs to be practically minded and able to react to changes in the planning process.
You report into the CEO as part of the senior management team.
What You’ll Experience
A chance to work in one of the most exciting engineering sectors and be involved with a rapidly growing company. You will be surrounded by like-minded individuals with a passion for what they do.
What you’ll get
£50,000 to £65,000 per year starting salary depending on your experience
- 37.5 hours a week with 20 days (increasing to 25) annual leave plus bank holidays
- Bonus scheme
- An independent 24hr counselling service
If this role is of interest, we’d love to hear from you.
Please apply with your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 30th September 2023